Due to the development of the use of computer and software in the Palestinian society and the need for qualified staff in various fields and disciplines related to computer and information technology. The Faculty of Applied Sciences has decided to introduce this program since the academic year 2002/2003 to grant a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. This program has become part of the Faculty of Information Technology and Computer Engineering since its launch in the academic year 2012/2013. The program covers the basic areas of computer science including databases, software engineering, algorithms, and computer networks. This program provides graduates with many job opportunities in various computer fields, especially the development of high performance computerized systems. This program is an effective contribution to providing the local and Arab communities with specialists in the field of computer science.
The specialization of Computer Science at the Polytechnic University of Palestine aims at graduating qualified and distinguished cadres in terms of:
- Providing students with the latest basic knowledge of computer science, which enables them to find solutions to the various problems related to the field of computing and follow up developments in informatics.
- Developing high performance computerized systems.
- Providing students with unique knowledge in math and statistics enabling them to develop software systems for scientific applications.
- Preparing and qualifying students for professional work in the fields of computer and information technology.
- Provide a broad and in-depth program that will qualify students to pursue post-graduate studies or pursue continuing education in the field of computer science and associated scientific fields.
- Ability to work in a team that is highly creative, cooperative and ethical.
New Path - Mobile Programming Track:
Which focuses on the programming of mobile devices, along with the fast and amazing developments in the field of mobile devices and applications, and consists of three courses with nine credit hours focusing on the most popular operating systems for mobile devices such as
- Android system.
- Apple IOS system.
- And Windows Phone.
Through this course, the student is expected to be able to program and develop applications for the world's most popular electronic markets.
Track Admission Requirements:
- General secondary in the scientific and industrial section at an average of 80% or more.
Student's Outcomes :
- COM(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the programs student outcomes and to the discipline
- COM(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- COM(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- COM(d) An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- COM(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- COM(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- COM(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- COM(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- COM (I) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- CS (j) An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- CS (k) An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.