Computer Systems Engineering :
This program was opened in 1990. Polytechnic University was the first university in the Arab world to open such a specialty. This specialization is in response to the rapid development of the computer world and its use and the rapid technological revolution in the world. The study plan gives students of this specialization the possibility of studying the computer system with its basic components: hardware and software programs in a balanced manner.
The study plan for this program is developed and updated continuously and the development of courses or the addition of new courses so that the graduate to keep pace with modern technology at all times. The program also contains a rich and varied selection of elective courses that allow students to focus on one of the tracks or topics related to computer systems ..
Graduating computer engineers qualified to deal with computer systems, physical applications and software.
Providing the Palestinian community with computer engineers who are able to enable Palestine to join the global scientific field in the computer field and keep pace with its developments.
To provide the Palestinian society with academic and practical qualifications to develop and implement plans to computerize the administrative and financial affairs of local and regional institutions and departments on the basis of advanced scientific and engineering knowledge.
Developing the Palestinian society and the private sector with skilled engineering competencies capable of creating an independent functional entity in the field of computer maintenance and programming.
To contribute to the development of Palestinian human resources by providing graduates in modern engineering disciplines and at an advanced world level.
Graduating qualified computer engineers to continue their academic career in this field to provide the Palestinian academic and regional academic and research sector with academics with higher degrees in the field of computer systems engineering.
The information security and protection of networks was developed within the Department of Computer Systems Engineering in order to provide the computer systems engineer with many skills in information security and network protection.
Admission Requirements Computer Systems Engineering:
Secondary secondary in the scientific section at the rate of 80% or more.
Admission Requirements Information Security Engineering:
- Secondary secondary in the scientific and industrial section at a rate of 90% or more.
- Requirements for conversion from computer systems engineering specialization to network and information security engineering course: - Obtaining an 85% mark in the course of coding systems and a very good estimate or more during the first five semesters within the field of Computer Systems Engineering.
- Skills gained in information security and network protection:
- Installation and maintenance of various safety systems.
- Recognizing and knowing the importance of information and the need to secure it and secure the exchange of information.
- Development, design and programming of physical and software systems, taking into account the safety and integrity of data and components.
- Evaluate different systems and the ability to identify security gaps if any.
- Ability to raise the awareness of employees of companies and institutions of the seriousness and sensitivity of information, data and rules dealing with such data.
- Building and securing information exchange networks.
- ENG(a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- ENG(b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- ENG(c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- ENG(d) An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- ENG(e) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- ENG(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- ENG(g) An ability to communicate effectively
- ENG(h) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- ENG(I) A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- ENG(j)A knowledge of contemporary issues
- ENG (k) An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- CSE (l) An ability to analyze and design a computer system with all software and hardware components.
- CSE (m) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices.
- CSE (n) An ability to integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.